File photo of St. Agnes Cathedral Nativity scene by Ed Casey.
ROCKVILLE CENTRE – December 23, 2019 – Most Reverend John O. Barres, Bishop of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, will celebrate the following Christmas Masses:
Dec. 24 — Christmas Eve—Midnight Mass in the Cathedral of Saint Agnes - Mass airs live on Catholic Faith Network (CFN) beginning at 11:30 p.m. This Mass will air on Optimum channel 29/137, Verizon FiOS channel 296 and Charter Spectrum 162/471. Viewers can also watch the Mass online at www.cfntv.org.
Dec. 25 — Christmas Day—Cathedral of Saint Agnes, 11:00 a.m. – This Mass airs live on CFN and then repeats at 11:00 p.m.
Media wishing to cover Christmas Masses should first call or text Sean Dolan at (516) 510-0473 or email@example.com.
For a list of parish addresses, visit www.drvc.org.
PROPER MEDIA ETIQUETTE AND CONDUCT IN THE CATHEDRAL
- In trying to balance the solemnity of the service with the needs of the press, we ask that you follow instructions of the representatives of the Diocese of Rockville Centre.
- Photography is permitted inside the Cathedral during the service, though we ask that photographers do not stand in the space between the sanctuary and the congregation, and that they honor the privacy of individuals receiving the sacrament of Communion. They should photograph using a camera that makes minimal shutter noise.
- Also, please do NOT take photographs from the center aisle or block it in any way.
- Please refrain from broadcasting from the lobby of the church during services because it can disturb the people in the Cathedral.
- There are times when the choir loft will be closed to the press because of the musical needs of the service and the choir.
- If the choir loft is open, please be aware that the CFN camera there is broadcasting live. Please avoid that area and any movements that would impede their line of sigh or shake the camera.
- At all times we ask that you be mindful that the Cathedral is a House of Worship and ask that you always act in a respectful manner.