List of cancellations as of March 17, 2020 at 4 PM:
1. Holy Mass. Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 at 3:00 PM, all Masses (weekday and weekend meetings, and non-essential activities in our parishes are suspended or postponed through Tuesday, April 14, 2020. This includes all Confirmations, First Communions, First Confessions, etc. When these events are rescheduled, they will be announced by local parishes. Funerals and weddings may be permitted if necessary, but should be limited to immediate family in attendance. Baptisms should be postponed unless absolutely necessary and should observe the same limits.
2. Ordination of Bishop-elect Romero. The ordination previously schedule for April 16 has been postponed.
3. Catholic Schools. Currently, due to the Governor’s Executive Order, our Catholic Schools are closed through April 1, 2020 at which time it will be reviewed to determine if closure is extended.
4. Religious Education. Parish Religious Education programs will remain suspended until Tuesday, April 14, 2020. We continue to monitor the situation and will adapt and update as needed.
5. Pastoral Center. In an effort to participate in the statewide efforts to halt the spread of the COVID-19 virus, effective on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the administrative offices of the Diocese of Rockville Centre located in Rockville Centre and Massapequa Park will be closed through Monday, April 13, 2020. Offices are scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, April 14, 2020, at 8:30 am. These locations will be thoroughly cleaned during closure. All employees will be working remotely, with business being conducted by email, telephonically or electronically, as best as possible. For the latest information visit www.drvc.org.
6. Catholic Cemeteries. Catholic Cemeteries of Long Island will be cancelling all Masses scheduled for March 21, April 4 and April 18. Please check www.cclongisland.org for further updates.
7. VIRTUS. All Virtus classes are cancelled until further notice.
8. Faith Formation. All events are cancelled through the end of April with the exception of the School of Missionary Disciples which will continue via Go to Meeting.
9. Seminary of the Immaculate Conception. The seminary is currently closed to the public. Contact the seminary for details – 1-631-423-0483, ext. 141.
10. Pre Cana. April Pre-Cana and Foccus sessions are cancelled. For updates visit www.drvcfaith.org.